According to the World Health Organisation (WHO):
- 15% of hospital expenses can be attributed to treating patient safety failures in OECD countries
- 4 out of 10 patients are harmed in the primary and ambulatory settings, where up to 80% of this harm can be avoided
How can software improve patient safety?
These findings may be shocking to some, and they indicate that there is more to be done to improve patient safety. But, by using Radar Healthcare’s software, you should see significant improvements.
Radar Healthcare makes it simple to report incidents, gather feedback and support a culture of learning and continuous improvement by:
- Connecting all your patient safety processes together
- Negating the need to log into several systems, or use paper and excel spreadsheets
- Minimising manual methods to reduce the chances of human errors and any associated delays
- Linking all improvement plans off the back of an incident by assigning actions to all the relevant people
- Creating a culture of accountability and responsibility, meaning that nothing is overlooked
- Pulling all relevant evidence easily and provide full visibility of your current performance
- Customisation to your organisation’s processes and procedures – you shouldn’t have to change to fit technology, it should fit to you
- Spotting trends in data and alerting you when something may be wrong